The 13th Annual Desert Garden Tour is Sunday, March 18th from 12 – 4pm. This beloved community event is such a great success, not just because of the beautiful gardens, but also because of the great volunteer support provided by our membership.
We’d love your help to help make this day a success!
There are many ways to volunteer for Garden Tour, and you don’t have to be a plant expert, just a plant lover!
- Garden docents – Help guests move through gardens, answer questions about plants and the garden’s design
- Collect DHSCV items from gardens after 4pm — Water coolers, plant stakes, folding chairs, etc.
Registration desk – Check guests in, accept payment if guest isn’t pre-registered, and issue wristbands Registration line monitors – Help guests get into the correct lines for registration Setup & breakdown of registration area – Help set up and breakdown tables, tents, and rope lines in the registration area
We’ll need half your day on March 15, 9am – 1pm for a volunteers-only preview of the gardens on the tour. This is mandatory for garden docents and voluntary for all other volunteers.
We’ll also need roughly half of your day on March 18 for the garden tour. Shifts will be:
- 8am – 11am for Registration Setup
- 11am – approx. 2pm for Registration Volunteers
- 11am – approx. 1:45pm for Garden Docent Shift 1
- 1:15pm – approx. 4pm for Garden Docent Shift 2
- Registration breakdown times TBD
- You can volunteer for multiple shifts
You’ve received this because you’ve either volunteered in the past or because you’ve shown interest in volunteering for this year’s garden tour.
To confirm your participation this year (or to tell us you’re not available), please email Jessyca Frederick at [email protected] Please also provide your role preference if you have one and your shift preference if you have one.
We very much appreciate your help in making this highly visible and important community event a great success.