Want to share your love of desert gardens as a volunteer?
The 12th Annual Desert Garden Tour is Sunday, March 26th from 12 – 4pm. This beloved community event is such a great success, not just because of the beautiful gardens, but also because of the great volunteer support provided by our membership.
We need your help to make this day a success!
There are many ways to volunteer for Garden Tour, and you don’t have to be a plant expert, just a plant lover!
- Garden docents – Help guests move through gardens, answer questions about plants and the garden’s design
- Registration desk – Check guests in, accept payment if guest isn’t pre-registered, and issue wristbands
- Registration line monitors – Help guests get into the correct lines for registration
- Setup & breakdown of registration area – Help set up and breakdown tables, tents, and rope lines in the registration area
- Membership desk – Sign up guests who want to become members
We’ll need half your day on March 21, 9am – 1pm for a volunteers-only preview of the gardens on the tour. This is mandatory for garden docents and voluntary for all other volunteers.
We’ll also need roughly half of your day on March 26 for the garden tour. Specific volunteering times will be determined later, and input regarding your availability will be requested at a later date, but the general time frame is between 8am and 4pm.
To become a volunteer, please email Jessyca Frederick at [email protected] or click on the Membership link at the top of this page to sign up as a Volunteer (scroll down to the bottom once you get there).
We very much appreciate your help in making this highly visible event a great success.